YSWC
Welcome to YSWC! Feel free to log in or register!
YSWC
Welcome to YSWC! Feel free to log in or register!
YSWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YSWC

Yakima Salt Water Club

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» yellow tang with red stuff on it
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:47 pm by Ed Hahn

» hello...new to the area
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 pm by louphaen

» The Coral Reef Aquarium
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:33 am by rouwraip

» Rose anenome
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 am by Ricardo

» Hello all!
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 pm by Reef safe eel

» Seth's 180
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 pm by Tony Vargas

» Wrasse Heaven
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 am by Tony Vargas

» Tank Hoods
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:45 pm by GDSawyer

» anybody stop by this site anymore?
Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm by NaTe

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 146 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FightingPlankton
Admin
FightingPlankton

Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Empty
PostSubject: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Is there a way to turn a maxijet style powerhead into a koralia/tunze style powerhead?
The answer is yes. and you can do it w/ just pvc, airline tubing, and a prop from a RC boat(like from clover leaf or whatever)
here's the link.

http://www.reefchili.com/Simple1.html

i will probably attempt this soon and let you all know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Jacobnano

Jacobnano

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Is it worth it? I got my koralia 1 for 20$ lol. How much is it gonna cost total?
Back to top Go down
http://jacobswebsite.tk
FightingPlankton
Admin
FightingPlankton

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:42 pm

the point is...if u already have a maxijet style powerhead...u can mod it.
its not like "hey go out and buy this just so u can do this"
like if u bought a really crappy maxijet style powerhead(like i did) you can acutally make it useful.

your arguement could be made about the seaclone too.
"why buy a seaclone and mod it when i already bought this one that i got a deal on?"
the answer...dont, its just, if u have this crap...you CAN mod it to work more functionally.

the way you did w/ your surface skimmer intake thingy you made(which is still awesome)(btw, does that thing make a lot of noise?)

(admin note: we do not have word censor set up...i apologize if the word "crap" offends any of you. and, as a reminder, since we do not have censoring, please watch what you say as this is a family oriented forum and we do have minors on.)
Back to top Go down
Jacobnano

Jacobnano

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Is that language thing making fun of me? If so thats annoying. and it sometimes makes noise sometimes it doesn't. I would just say yes because it is an overflow lol. And I get your argument, I thought you went out and bought this stuff just so you could DIY lol
Back to top Go down
http://jacobswebsite.tk
FightingPlankton
Admin
FightingPlankton

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:02 pm

no...language is for new ppl. who may or may not have kids. i know we know that language censor is not up. but new people may not, so i threw it out there.

example: if someone gave you a free seaclone or low end maxijet, you're not going to decline just because u know it's garbage. You can take that free stuff and make it useable. thats what erics thread was about too.

Note: it doesnt have to be pretty, it just has to work.
Back to top Go down
Apistog

Apistog

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:26 pm

I think the point might have been missed.The reason I did the link was to show how a small low cost mods could make a big change to a tank and its owner. With a DIY project it often times will add knowledge to the owner and a sense of pride that no store bought item will ever bring. In my experience time is what makes a tank not money.Any monkey could set up a reef tank with a blank check but it takes time and knowledge to keep it running over the long haul. Armed with the knowledge of how things work and a willingness to try a person can have a very nice tank. With out a willingness to try and time that same tank is dead in a week.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)   Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's Ghetto Link got me thinking.(maxi-jet mod)
Page 1 of 1